Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth

We went to the Barnum and Bailey Circus in San Jose yesterday. It was a lot of fun, and we managed to get out of there without buying a 20 dollar souvenir. They had snowcones in a split clowns head which reminded us a little too much of Indiana Jones sampling "chilled monkey brains", so we avoided those. Speaking of circuses, I was able to get my class at Contra Costa college, so I am officially a physiology student. How great is it to get these rusty gears in my head going- I think I can actually feel the cobwebs blowing in there...

I've got a friend in the class with me, a fellow mom of two kids who I know from my gig with PRAM and have met another mom of two kids, both who are around my age and trying to get into nursing school. I actually look forward now to opening the book and learning the material- what a difference a decade makes!

No comments: