Tuesday, September 25, 2007

On Spidey's web and baby-eating dogs


I had a fabulous weekend in Colorado- just what this mama needed to recharge. My BFF Krista's little brother got married, and I wouldn't have missed it. I remember when he was in diapers! I stayed with my college girlfriend Kris and her family, who strangely enough moved to my hometown of Fort Collins. They have 3 kids, and a dog as a nanny for the youngest. Just kidding, I'm just checking to see if you're paying attention. Their dog has a penchant for picking up whatever she can find nearby, hence the disturbing picture above.I was able to see several old friends, 2 new babies and have a corned buffalo hash breakfast. (By the way, the twins were adorable and I'm just going to believe that Erik was named for me.) What more could one ask for? The kids did great here with Martin, though Ben gave himself a small haircut. Nothing that a trip back to Barber Lamont couldn't fix. I miss the curls though, but they'll grow back. Martin just finished cleaning the Spider Man web (Silly string ) spray off of the ceiling, which has been there since Jackson's birthday- I had finally grown tired of looking at it. Not sure what they put in it, but we definately should have heeded the bottle warnings not to spray it on anything- the spray ripped a hole in my patio set pads and formed some kind of alien being on my living room ceiling- is that really part of a children's toy?

No comments: