Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pooch Plunge- 4 observations

My dear friend Krista from Colorado sent me this link to her annual "Pooch Plunge" at the Fort Collins City Park Pool. City Park pool is open for the summer season and then closes for the rest of the season. Before the pool is drained the dogs get to enjoy the pool.
I have 4 small observations about the whole event.
1. Is that the coolest pool in the world or what? It didn't look like that when I was growing up; man, that looks like fun!
2. Who the hell wants to go in the water with all of those dogs? Yuck.
3. There are people dying in the world from war, starvation, dysentery, genocide and even terrorism: and someone is out shopping for a bikini for their labrador retriever. No wonder Bin Laden hates us so much.
4. My friend Krista can manage to get 550 dogs and their people to get along together and I could hardly get my kids to put on their shoes this morning without killing each other.

No comments: