Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fever!

Again, the blog has been spotty because illness has invaded the house. Remember the Matrix where the Sentinels are trying to breach the hull of their little ship? That's what I feel like here, like giant viruses are lurking outside every door, and hiding behind every surface. Last week I had the fever- Martin insisted on staying home Wednesday because he thought I wouldn't be able to take care of the children from my sick bed. Thank goodness for that, I didn't get out of bed all day with the aches and pains and tiredness. I think it might have been the flu. Yesterday during a quiet game of Crazy Creatures Ben began to shiver and complain about how cold he was. Out came the thermometer, and this morning it was up to 104.7. Now some of you might think we'd get a little nervous about this high of a fever, but for Ben its the norm. Everytime he gets a bug he gets a fever over 104 which used to make us crazy scared when he was an infant, but now we know is just how his body operates. Poor thing, I'd take a picture but its too pathetic. His eyes, when open, are at half mast. His cheeks are hot and flushed, and he's just been laying on the couch listlessly. Poor guy, I do hope he feels better tomorrow.

1 comment:

nicole said...

i have fever and we can't seem to beat the sickies around here. hope you have good weekend.